Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:42:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        kpneal@pobox.com (Kevin P. Neal)
Cc:        hcremean@vt.edu, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Divert sockets..

> >Well, the 68000 had user and supervisor modes, but no page-level protection
> >like the 030 and above (and the 68020 with the 68851 MMU)--and most other
> >processors with demand paging--do.

Which is why I had to put a 68010 in my A1000 and port SVR3.2.  8-).

> The '020+MMU and up machines were able to do memory protection, but it was
> never built into the Amiga OS.

Hell, the Amiga OS used move processor status word in its own tools and
it's PC emulator, and wouldn't run on an 010 happily for a long time.
You had to stal code from a virus to get the 010 protection patch to
live over reboots to run them... 8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---