Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:52:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@tfd.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi controller causes sysinstall to freeze machine

Hi all,

I have started running down why my machine won't boot off
of a "current" CD when my new SCSI controller is installed.

When my scsi controller is installed (with or without the
SCSI-bus connected to the controller), `sysinstall' hangs
at the "deviceTry" call at line 403 of `devices.c'. A power-cycle
is then required.

The SCSI controller is a adaptec 29160 (and it works great otherwise).

Any thoughts/pointers?

Kent