Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 07:09:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      "R.  Wyatt" <falcon@kiowa.wildstar.net>
To:        support@freeBSD.org
Subject:   recent troubles during a FreeBSD install

Hello,
  The first step I took in resolving my problems was reading the help
pages on www.freebsd.org.  However I must be using inefficient search
methods because I haven't found the answer that I am looking for.

I will start with my system configuration (IDE)
ATAPI creative cd-rom
wdc 1.2 gig hard disk
Seagate 2.1 gig hard disk
Quantum 1.2 gig hard diusk
16 Megs Ram
ViewSonic 17GA monitor recommended resolution 1024 x 768 @ 86 Hz
Creative 16B PnP  board.
I don't know what video card specifically.

I am running NT4.0 on my C: drive.

I have attempted to install FreeBSD on all three of the drives.

Once common problem is it installs fine, but the boot manager doesn't go
in,

On the next install which option should I select ?
Install BootEasy
Install Standard Boot Manager
or Leave MBR untouched ?

Now, the next problem is once installed and getting it to boot.
I get problems with getty
getty spawning too fast of /dev/cuaa1 sleeping 30 seconds,
It also says login class root unknown..

The final problem I am having is with X.  I can't find the proper specs
for my monitor any where. I have contacted the vendor and the vendor will
not provide it.

I would appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Randy Wyatt