Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:28:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      NevTide <nevtide@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildworld?

Simple question:

Does building and installing world under FreeBSD 5.2
just overwrite older files, or does it completely
replace the directories?

For example, if I include "NO_SENDMAIL" in my
/etc/make.conf and "make buildworld" this should make
the new system without sendmail, right?

However, the default FreeBSD 5.2 comes with sendmail,
so... will that old sendmail still exists on my system
when I "make installworld", or is the whole base
system replaced by the rebuilt one?

Thanks!