Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:31:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Simon <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        Bob Martin <bob@inu.net>, Ed Henderson <Ed.Henderson@Certainty.net>, "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Good server motherboard?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Simon wrote:

> I wanna do this too, but from what I found out, you can't boot off vinum volume. There is also no how-to, so it's not easy
> to setup if you never done it before. Small (not a ton of drives) hardware RAID is 10x easier to setup IMO.

	First, you're MUA is horrid! Get a new mailer. Second there is a
HOW-TO for Vinum. I have been working on it because well quite frankly the
doc's for Vinum are horrid. They are not horrid if your greg or have done
Vinum 10K times and can do it in your sleep. But if you're doing it for
the first time there next to useless. For the Vinum HOW-TO see:

http://www.jurai.net/~scanner/vinum-howto.html

I would like examples from others on the different configurations of RAID.
Once I complete the examples I will see about getting it submitted to the
handbook.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"