Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 20:05:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape crashes (was: Re: OSS sound support)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Brian Tiemann wrote:

> 	So what's the deal with OSS on -current?
>
> 	I've had it panicking my installation repeatedly; I got the
> following recently from their (4Front's) tech support:
>
> > We've found a major bug in FreeBSD's VM architecture and have sent off
> > the demo which will crash FreeBSD 3 + Netscape. This is the same problem
> > affecting OSS and so until we hear from the kernel developers' we're not
> > going to do any work arounds. If you like, I can send you the test
> > program.

I get the "Pinstripe screen of death" from AccelX + Netscape occasionally.
I'd thought this was an AccelX bug, but I'd been too lazy to report it as
it happens so infrequently.  I'm running current built Oct 12.

--
Brian Buchanan                                   brian@smarter.than.nu
                                                 brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

                -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759