Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:51:03 -0800
From:      VDR User <user.vdr@gmail.com>
To:        Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations for HTPC's?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@engineer.com> wrote:
> If you are willing to deal with binary-only, there is
> Cubieboard and RaspberryPi, I'm not sure how far along these
> are BSD-wise.

Be warned that when you use devices like the Raspberry Pi, that
although are capable of hardware decoding, can be unstable and/or
under-powered for tasks that are not decoding. I have a Raspberry Pi
and XBMC does in fact run on it. However, the osd is very slow and
certainly not worthy of daily use (in my opinion). Obviously the more
patient of a person and willing to tolerate a laggy osd you are, the
more acceptable a Raspberry Pi and similar devices may be for you.