Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:18:23 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP with firewall rules

I'm looking for some input on how to set up
FTP through an IPFW firewall so that you don't
have to run passive mode.

Passive mode makes things like building ports difficult.

I believe that the problem is that the return connection
set up by an FTP server to the client comes from port 20.
To open up "any 20" to high port numbers on your
system seems like a problem to me. Is there a secure
way to do this?

--
Jim Durham