Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:44:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        k.stevenson@louisville.edu (Keith Stevenson)
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), markm@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We need to do an audit of our "crypto", both current and planned.

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 01:19:38PM -0800, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >
> > So, IMHO, yes, you have to submit an ``Internet address'' (Can't find
> > a legal definition of that one, is it an IP number, URL, or what??? I
> > think the intent was a URL.) for each different copy of what was exported.
>
> Quoting Amendment #3 again...

Not in the information provided by Jordan :-(.  I'll go get the whole
text from the URL's someone else posted and read the whole of it.

> "To qualify, exporters must notify BXA of the Internet location (e.g., URL or
> Internet address) or provide a copy of the source code by the time of export."
>
> Based on that, my non-legal-expert opinion is that a URL is sufficient.

I still don't have a legal definition for ``Internet address'', and now I
need one for ``URL'' too.  e.g.,'s are just that, examples, not legal
definitions.

> (Dammit Jim, I'm a sysadmin not a lawyer! :)

I'm neither any more :-)

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net