Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 00:37:08 +0100
From:      "Lowkrantz, Goran" <Goran.Lowkrantz@infologigruppen.se>
To:        "'stable@FreeBSD.ORG'" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   uu_lock semantics

System: 3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #1: Wed Nov  3 06:36:59 CET 1999

Two questions about uu_lock that have surfaced during a test.

1- Should a second call to uu_lock for the same resource from the same
process without a call to uu_unlock between them return "UU_LOCK_INUSE: The
lock is in use by another process.", because that is what I get.

2- I assume that uu_lock should be called before first open and uu_unlock
after last close, as open and close have no connection to the lock handling.
Is this true?

Regarding question 1, I understand why it should be so, but I think this
could be documented on the man-page, as it's easy to assume recursive locks.

Cheers,
	GLZ

---
Goran Lowkrantz         Email    : goran.lowkrantz@infologigruppen.se
Infologigruppen Alfa AB Telephone: Nat    070-587 8782 Fax: Nat    070-615
8782
Box 202                            Int +46 70-587 8782      Int +46 70-615
8782
941 25 Pitea,  Sweden