Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:10:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <gelderen@mediaport.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: echo behaviour

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Jeroen C. van Gelderen wrote:

> From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
> >You really ought to search the mailing list archives, this has been
> >beaten to death quite often ...
>
> <slapping myself in the face> Whoops, sorry!

I like my own personal mistakes bigger and showier.  You're just an
amateur!  You should (please, should NOT) look up some of my classics.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, either.  BTW, there's a short
shell script somewhere in the archives, shows how to portably test and
set your shell scripts to just DTRT in respect to echo.  Let me know if
you can't find it.  That's the way to handle your problem.

I just wanted to avoid a lot of discussion in current on that.  Too much
noise on current lately, because of all the upheaval.  You understand.

> Cheers,
> Jeroen

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).