Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:52:23 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Malloc type lacks magic" show-stopper solved

At 07:45 PM 10/27/00 +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> > More importantly, it would be nice to have it spelt out that using certain
> > optflags just ain't gonna work.
> >
> > Just put in a few lines in /etc/default/make.conf to discourage people
> > from using anything apart from -O (or whatever).
> >
> > That's the easiest, surely?
>
>Sean Winn kindly pointed out that it's there already, in make.conf...
>
>I'll go and stand in the corner with the dunce-cap on now.

The warning is in front of the CFLAGS and not in front of COPTFLAGS.

As pointed out little is to be gained with tweaking kernel optimization
flags, so perhaps a "Don't think to gain anything here by changing these"
warning is called for.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve