Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:21:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Phillip Salzman <psalzman@gamefish.pcola.gulf.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BESS internet filtering

This may be a little bit off topic, but does anyone
know much about the BESS filtering system?  It is a program
that filters "unwanted" content from ISPs dialup users.

Some of the things it filters is pornography, with an
assortment of others.  It's up to the ISP on what they
want filtered.

I was wondering if any of you have had legal problems with
something like this, or technical.  Someone I know told
me it either runs FreeBSD or Linux, but he wasn't sure.  With
a hacked-up squid, or started with squid.

The website for BESS is at http://www.n2h2.com/

Thanks in advance,

Phil