Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:26:07 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Tom Smith <tom@openadventures.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID 5 Support

Hi!

> I've looked at Vinum and it doesn't appear to support "true" RAID 5--but
> rather uses a combination of RAID 1 and RAID 0 to provide redundancy.

Hmm. One of my servers has a following Vinum volume defined:

drive drive0 device /dev/da0s1e
drive drive1 device /dev/da1s1e
drive drive2 device /dev/da2s1d
volume ftp
        plex org raid5 128k
                sd length 8248900s drive drive0
                sd length 8248900s drive drive1
                sd length 8248900s drive drive2

Until today I was under impression that this *is* RAID5. Am I wrong?
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Jesus Saves, but God does a Full Tape Back-up!