Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:47:22 +0200
From:      Robert =?unknown-8bit?Q?Blacqui=E8re?= <freebsd-current@guldan.demon.nl>
To:        Tony Maher <tonymaher@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Evo N610c

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

Great this works ;-)

even with the drive bay battery removed and inserted ;-)=20

Only thing stil acts weird is the pcmcia (wireless) stuff...
It seems the first memory ports can't be used zo 0x100-0x13f but the
second card gets a other pool 0x180 i think and works ...
maybe i can overrule or block the first block ?

Robert

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:19:31PM +1000, Tony Maher wrote:
>=20
> Update on Compaq Evo N610c
>=20
> Thanks to an email from Simon in the UK I now have battery support
> in my N610c.
>=20
> /boot/loader.conf is now
>=20
> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=3D1
> acpi_dsdt_load=3D"YES"
> acpi_dsdt_name=3D"/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml
>=20
> A patch for acpi_dsdt is attached.
>=20
> Now xbatt (and apm) works perfectly.
>=20
> Now all I need is another unexpected email that details how to solve the
> suspending problem (actually the resumption) and the switching between X
> and vga screen sync problem and I'd be completely set ;-)
>=20
> Thanks again to Simon!
>=20
> cheers
> --
> tonym

--=20
FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: He guys you left some holes out there!

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0--