Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 09:13:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dextran@legaspi.globalink.net.ph
Subject:   Re: Internet Server

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Alec Kloss wrote:
> dextran@legaspi.globalink.net.ph is responsible for:
> > I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE and is now functioning.  I've also
> > followed the instructions on Mini-DNS, my question is, is my FreeBSD
> > visible on the internet? or can other access my server on the internet?
> >
> > Hostname: ics.sti.edu
>
> Well, it looks to me like you haven't registered your top level
> domain.  More or less, you need to tell the top level servers about

Close

Since the question came from the Philipines, and .edu is for
US 4 year colleges and universities, InterNIC won't be much
help.

Info at APNIC suggests that you need to register with ph.net for an edu.ph
domain but the connection is pretty slow from over here so I wasn't able
to confirm this.

See

	http://www.apnic.net
	http://www.ph.net

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com