Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:28:50 -0500
From:      "John Brooks" <john@day-light.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: DNS (bind or djbdns or ???)

Never had any trouble with bind 8.x and was perfectly content
with it. Initial compile and install of 9.x seemed to work ok.
After about 30 days or so things started acting unpredictable.
The situation progressively went downhill from that point. So
your observation that I "didn't put the work into bind that I
put into djbdns" is probably accurate if a distinction is made
between bind 8.x and 9.x.

Many people use bind and seem to be happy with it. They are
undoubtably much smarter than me. I was just offering advice
from my experience, as requested by the original poster.