Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:44:02 -0800
From:      Jason DiCioccio <jdicioccio@epylon.com>
To:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "VPN Server" with NT Domain authentication?

	I'm trying to replace our current NT (PPTP) vpn with a FreeBSD VPN
with minimal impact.  Is there any way to run a PPTP server using mpd and
have it authenticate against an NT domains (perhaps with PAM?).  Or are
there any other packages I can use that will do this?

	I am also open to using IPSec if I can find a method with IPSec to
apply firewall rules to certain users based upon their credentials.  mpd
allows me to do this by assigning users a range of IPs, but if there are
alternative implementations that I can use to get this done then I am open
to hearing about them too :).  I've been searching around and have been
unable to find anything to let me do this.

Thanks in advance,
Jason DiCioccio