Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:24:58 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay), bde@zeta.org.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/obj/elf, /usr/obj/aout, /usr/obj - breaks make all vs make  buildworld, and other things. Time to make elf the default

I think that the desired effect is that after doing a 'make world' or
'make buildworld' you can easily go to some arbitrary place in the
source tree, type 'make', and have the right thing happen.  That is, use
the object that we previously built with 'make [build]world'.

Personally, I don't care if it's all rooted at /usr/obj or /usr/obj/elf, but
that that the default resolves to the same prefix that make world uses.

louie