Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:18:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        Jeroen Bulten <j.bulten@chello.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird crashes

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jeroen Bulten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I co-admin a freebsd box running a mysql and webserver for two internet
> sites, each getting about 15.000 hits a day. Lately, we've been experiencing
> weird crashes where the box seems to run out of cache memory (100MB) while
> there's plenty of conventional memory ( 768 MB) available.

How large are the databases? Are there any very large programs in memory?
('top' sorted by memory). You say there is plenty of conventional
memory available, but is this also free memory? Because 768MB is such
a 'beautiful' number, it's a coincidence to have that free.

(btw: don't you mean fysical memory? Conventional is a bit of a DOS word
meaning the first 640Kb. IMHO)

Greetings,

Ronald.

--