Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:55:08 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: classic newbie inquiry

The textbook answer to that is "SCO is a commercial thing, hence there's a
budget for documentation, whereas FreeBSD is open source so users are
expected to fend for themselves". All that aside, SCO documentation is among
the best on the planet .... virtually everything is explained well & the
GUI's sure make things a lot easier than the  poking around in the dark
required by CLI.

From my experience FreeBSD webservers are certainly reliable once you've got
the things running, its the "getting it running" thats another story. If you
can wait a week I'll hopefully have some "step by step" instructions online.