Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:34:46 -0500
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <k.keithley@opengroup.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   3.0-971225SNAP, Japanese/Korean locales, and libxpg4

What's the rationale for having the SJIS and EUC locale support in
libxpg4 instead of libc?

I want X programs to work in any locale. Making me drag in a static
setlocale w/ SJIS/EUC support from libxpg4 instead of just getting it
from shared libc seems, er, shall we say strange.

(I had sent this question once before over the weekend, and it never
came back, so I think you did lose some files when freefall went down.)

--
Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
X Architect, The Open Group X Project Team