Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:12:10 +0200
From:      Petr Fischer <petr.fischer@me.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best M.2 Wifi adapter for FreeBSD laptop - recommend please

Hello,

I have the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 in my Toshiba laptop:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3160-bluetooth-brief.html

In FreeBSD 11.0, there is new "iwm" driver for this Intel WiFi adapters, but in my case, max is 54Mbps mode 11g - real speed is 20Mbps nearby WiFi router and 10Mbps in another room. Terrible.

It's M.2 2230 (30mm) interface, also called NGFF.

So - is there better WiFi adapter for FreeBSD on the market than these "iwm" adapters? Maybe Atheros? Please recommend.

What about this Atheros (NFA222 / QCNFA222 / AR9462) - some experiences?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-QCNFA222-802-11a-b-g-n-Wireless-NGFF-Wireless-Card-BT4-0-wifi-adapter-/141829810302?hash=item2105b7287e:g:wakAAOSwkZhWSbVL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-QCNFA222-AR9462-M-2-NGFF-802-11N-300Mbps-Bluetooth-WIFI-2-4Ghz-5Ghz-/111935969227?hash=item1a0fe757cb:g:jWYAAOSwwpdW5ql7

Thanks! Petr Fischer