Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:58:03 -0500
From:      Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.conf

Diana wrote:

> I have seen the same problem, I't seems to occur after adding a package
> via sysinstall.
>
> diana
>
> On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Eddie Fry wrote:
>
> > I'm running 2.2.2 and have a problem with the rc.conf file.  It seems everytime I use /stand/sysinstall the remarks in rc.conf get duplicated. ie:
> >
> > swapfile="NO" # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."     # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."     # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."     # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."     ...
> >
> > I don't have any idea what causes this.  Anybody??

I'd tell you to check the ERRATA.TXT but I don't think 2.2.2-RELEASE
is there anymore..

Basically the sysinstall that comes with 2.2.2-RELEASE scrambles the
rc.conf just like you said; the fix is to get a later sysinstall.

You should probably consider upgrading to 2.2.5 or not using sysinstall
to install ports/packages :)

If you really don't like that solution I can post an updated sysinstall
for you.

(BTW, this may have been more appropriate for freebsd-questions)

Have a good one,
-T
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL
Voice: (305)453-4011        Fax: (305)451-5991