Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 11:30:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      wjw@iaehv.IAEhv.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   remote install from an OS/2 machine with CD

Hoi,

I've run into the following problems when trying to install 2.0 from
CD where this CD is in my OS/2 machine.

I have a spare machine which I'd like to use for FreeBSD. It contains
regular std-IO and a wd8003 connected to my home-ethernet.

The problems are that when trying to mount the remote CD I try to
mount the OS\2 h:\ drive. It used to be possible bij typing
	mount -t nfs wjw:h:\\ /mnt
[ where wjw is my OS/2 box, and it is in the /etc/hosts file ]

The error returned is: 'Address already in use'

Then I'm trying to use ftp for the install, and it turns out that unless
the passive mode is toggled in ncftp nothing can be ls/dir-ed.
Doing it manually in debugging mode reveils that ncftp and the OS/2 ftpd
can not exchanged directory data because the data connection wasn't opened.

Are there any means of circumventing either of the problems?
Either by typing another mounting command, or putting ncftp automatically
in the correct mode.

Thanx
	WjW