Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:59:30 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com
Cc:        Javier A Garcia Mantecon <mantecon@mail.holiday-la.com.mx>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro +

>Javier> Is there any special configuration for an Intel EthrExpress
>Javier> Pro.  I still don't get it running, I've changed iomem, size,
>Javier> irq at the conf. mode.  I should be at irq 10, port 0x300, mem
>Javier> 32K at 0xd0000.  What should I do?
>
>Hmm. I have two such boards on a 2.1.5R box here. Are you sure that
>you've got the fxp device driver built into your kernel?
>
>fxp0 <Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B Fast Ethernet> rev 1 int a irq 10 on pci0:11
>fxp1 <Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B Fast Ethernet> rev 1 int a irq 9 on pci0:15

   If we're talking about the Pro/10+ card, then I'm sorry to say that this
isn't supported. It will require some additional code in the 'fxp' driver to
select the proper mode for the PHY.
   If we're talking about the Pro/10, then that card isn't yet supported, but
might be in the future via a new ethernet driver.

-DG

David Greenman