Date:      05 Mar 2001 15:20:18 +0100
From:      Assar Westerlund <assar@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/kerberos5/usr.bin Makefile src/kerberos5/usr.bin/k5su Makefile

"Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com> writes:
> Will we always have this dichotomy between kblah/k5blah utilities?  It is
> fairly annoying.  Anecdotally, there don't seem to be many new Kerberos
> IV installations, & Kerberos V's utilities can get/list/trash version 4
> & 5 tickets.

Yes.  My current plan of things to happen (in -current and after 4.3)
is to ditch the v4 programs basically and install the v5 ones under
the canonical names (with v4-compatibility if compiled in).  And to
always build and install the krb5 programs/libraries, but ifdef'ing
the support in other programs.  How does that sounds?

/assar