Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:44:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scot Elliott <scot@london.sparza.com>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        CrazZzy Slash <slash@krsu.edu.kg>, Ali Alaoui El Hassani <961BE653994@stud.alakhawayn.ma>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Subject:   Re: Encryption over IP

I'm not sure that's the point.

If you're using SSH to tunnel between two networks, across the public
Internet then there is a chance of your encrypted datastream being
intercepted and analysed.  If there's a large amount of data then the
chance of the key being found and therefore your unencrypted data exposed
- is much higher.

Scot