Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:19:51 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Rolandas Naujikas <rolnas@takas.lt>
Cc:        "Pavel S. Shirshov" <pavelbsd@mail.ru>
Subject:   Re: ping: sendto: No buffer space available

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 00:25, Rolandas Naujikas wrote:
> > No. I'm using mpd for pptp.
> > ng_pptpgre.c return ENOBUFS - and i'm got message "No buffer space
> > available".
>
> I had sometime this problem. This is probably from PPTP disconnect. When
> PPP is not connected, but the queue is gooing and the queue length is
> limited. The resolution is probably reconnect.

Nope; I have a monitor tell me when PPTP connects/disconnects, and I get
the ENOBUFS thing while it's connected.

Also... while I could see ENOBUFS if the PPTP link got backed up
(temporary restriction of bandwidth, etc.) --- I'd prefer some kind of
throttling instead of an error return that makes programs die, though,
if possible --- it doesn't only affect programs making connections
through the PPTP link; *every* network connection is affected.  This
seems doubly excessive.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu