Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 09:27:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org (Free BSD Multimedia List)
Subject:   Several sound quesions

	After much pain, I beileive that I finally have my Gravis Ultrasound
	PnP sound card working in my FreeBSD box.

	I would like to say thank yuo to all of the helpful people that helped
	me throught my own ignorance. Most espically Amancio Hasty.

	Now that I have it working (I thnk). I would like to star using it I
	have several questions.

	Ine of my primary reasons fo wanting it was to sund enable Netscape.
	Having sed this I need to configure the mailcap file for Netscape to
	ahndle as many diverse types of sound files as I can. Could someone
	provide me a list of al the sound playing programs that have been
	proted to FreeBSD, and the file types that they hadle>

	Does anyone know ehre I can get sox for FreeBSD?

	Why do I get the folwing error when I run midiplay:

Script started on Fri Jan 24 23:28:41 1997
stan@koala.fas.com:/home/stan/sounds
$ script$ playmidi *mid$
/dos/ultrasnd/midi/acpiano.pat: No such file or directory
Can't load any melodic patches!
stan@koala.fas.com:/home/stan/sounds
$

Script done on Fri Jan 24 23:28:50 1997

	Qhat do I do to fix it?

	What functiosn of my Gravis are suported? It can apatently do at least
	teh folowing: play midid sounds, emulate a sound blaster, and work in
	it's wn native mode. Is this correct? Which of these ae supported?

	Thanbks for the help.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems