Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re: kern/34487: ASUS P2B-DS Problem

The following reply was made to PR kern/34487; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: kiwi@caudium.net
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 00:04:54 +0000

 OK, The following might not help and it does sound stupid :) but I used
 to get this kind of problem with 4.4, but it wasn't related to FreeBSD.

 First of all, if you haven't, I suggest that you download the firmware
 updates.  The below URL should help.  It is located at the bottom of the
 page.

 http://www.asus.com.tw/download/mbdriver/slot1-440bx.htm

 Also have a look at the below URL, which contains some more fixes for
 your particular BIOS.  Look for the P2B-DS Motherboard, which is somewhere
 down the page:

 http://www.abios.com/asus/asus-440bx.html

 Does your PNP Scan become slow, before this problem, as in, do you
 get time stops between the PNP Scan.

 But, putting this in a nutshell, I know that this problem is not
 related to FreeBSD, though I may be wrong. :)

 Regards,

  - Hiten Pandya
  - <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>