Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:26:09 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Ilya Naumov <camel@avias.com>
Cc:        elt@chaintech.nl, europe@chaintech.com.tw, fae@chaintech.com.tw, current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: ps/2 mouse and new 6btm bios - bug report

>i have uploaded a new bios (6btm0c23.bin, 1999/12/23) into Chaintech 6BTM
>motherboard and faced with a problem. my Genius NewScroll PS/2 mouse is
                                                 ~~~~~~~~~
                                                 NetScroll?

>not functioning under FreeBSD 4.0 OS anymore. the kernel just ignores a
>mouse or detects it as Generic PS/2 mouse (instead of
>NetMouse) accompanying this by the messages:
>
>psm0: cannot get data
>psm0: cannot get status
>
>anyway, the mouse does not work.
>
>the "mouse" string in kernel config is:
>
>device psm0 at atkbdc? irq 12

Would you give "boot -v" to the boot loader when starting the system,
and send me the entire `dmesg' output?

Does the BIOS setup menu have anything related to the PS/2 mouse port?

What is your CPU?  You said you wanted to use the latest BIOS because
it supports Coppermine.  Did you use Coppermine with the older BIOS and
find the PS/2 mouse working?  Or was it another CPU?

Kazu