Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 04:11:43 -0700
From:      Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@primelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ThinkPad X20 keyboard mapping problems

I wonder if anyone on the list using the ThinkPad X20 has had their
keyboard mapping go screwy in the middle of a session.  I'm helping a
friend with his new 4.3-RELEASE installation and it's happened a
half-dozen times this evening.  After it occurs, the keys sometimes
generate characters that resemble hieroglyphics, other times it's
just wrong characters for the key.  The only remedy is to reset and
reboot.  Most vexing and frustrating.  Could termcap lack a suitable
entry for the ThinkPad or something like that?  OTOH, everything
seems to work fine until it suddenly goes stupid.  I'm grasping at
straws here.

.\\ichelle