Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:35:08 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cp -u patch

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:30:27 MST, "David O'Brien" wrote:

> Do you also suggest we get rid of `more' as its functionality can be
> implimented using cat and sed?  I personally find this option useful
> enough that I have to keep `gcp' around.

That's part of my concern.  A lot of our feature creep seems to come
from folks who have one particular thing they do a lot, but that lots of
other folks don't.

Personally, I've _never_ needed such a feature in cp(1) _once_ in the 3
or 4 years that I've been using BSD UNIX.  That doesn't make me right.
It just makes me skeptical.

:-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.