Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 17:16:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      mbarkah@slate.Mines.Colorado.EDU (Ade Barkah)
To:        asami@forgery.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lsof 3.25 now available for fbsd 2.0

> * Lsof is available by anon ftp from vic.cc.purdue.edu in the
> * directory /pub/tools/unix/lsof, and its mirror sites.
>
> Cool!  Does someone want to make a port?  With this, xsysstats,
> xperfmon, iozone, top, tua and xdu, maybe we can open a new "sysutils"
> ports category soon.... :)
>
> Satoshi Asami

Along the above lines, I have uploaded a packaged version of lsof
3.25 to ftp.cdrom.com as /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/lsof-3.25.tgz. The
version uploaded was compiled with -DHASSECURITY which restricts
non-priviledged users from listing other people's open files. Also,
lsof is setgid to kmem for it to be able to read the core memory.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Regards,

-Ade Barkah