Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 02:00:50 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS SC200 SCSI card?

In article <199608202352.JAA07430@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au> you wrote:

: Also, you might want to point out to the moron in the shop that PCI
: interrupts are lettered (INTA, INTB, INTC, INTD), not numbered, and
: that INTA on one slot is _NOT_ connected to INTA on any other slot.

 So this means that with multiple SC200 cards they can all be set on
 INTA ??   If so are there any pros/cons to doing this?

 I've got two in my machine, one driving a Fujitsu 230mb MO device under
 2.1.5-stable, and just recently i've been having some disturbing hangs
 that feel like SCSI bus hangs whilst accessing the MO :(

 Could a mix match of SCSI-I and SCSI-II devices on the same bus cause
 this sort of problem?   Basically i've got 2 1gb drives, a quantum
 fireball, and a segate 1080sl, along with a maxtor 330mb (ancient)
 on one bus, and the Fujitsu on the other....

 The main reason for this at the moment is the Fujitsu's SCSI connector
 is upsidedown :(   (and i hate cable twists/spagetti farms :)

 Regards,
   Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds