Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:47:19 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will 8 Intel EtherExpress PRO 10/100's be a problem?

On Thu, Jun 25, 1998 at 11:32:35PM -0500, Chris Dillon wrote:
> 3) If i ever end up using natd for all of this, would there be any
> problems with it servicing those 7 networks (probably max 100 hosts per
> network)?

The only part that I know have problems with scaling is the link
expiration structure.  The other data structures are AFAIR all
logarithmic.

I have almost-finished patches for replacing this, I've just not felt
like building the regression test framework for it (given that I only
write code for this, but don't actively use natd/libalias for my
personal workspace any more - I have customers that do, though).

If you get problems, yell.  It _will_ be solved.  natd shall scale
that far :-)

Eivind.