Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:20:18 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        "Jeffery T. White" <zellion@cyberwind.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named

Jeffery,
I don't know where you'd submit it for FreeBSD, but I'd like a blurb on
this with the setup code/script to publish in Free Systems Journal.

Please respond to me at ed@konnections.com or mallison@konnections.com
if you'd like to submit. (An article, that is : -} )

Thanks all,

-Mike

Jeffery T. White wrote:

> I'm not sure where this should go, I'm sure if this group isn't right
> someone will let me know! :-)
>
> Couple of things on named:
> 1. The file /etc/namedb/make-localhost is a script but is not installed
> with the execute bit set, pretty minor but figured I'd bring it up since it
> seems install could do that.
>
> 2. I had to buy books to find out about the "caching-only" named setup.
> This setup is extremely useful for users who run small networks and connect
> via ppp to ISPs.

 I'd be willing to write the