Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:55:54 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RSA Challenge Situation Report...

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Charles Henrich wrote:

> In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:
>
> >>         As of 5:30ADT, here is how things are looking for the RSA Cracking
> >> Challenge.  Notice the steady increase in computers on suck.it.ca *and*
> >> the steady improvement of our standings...
> >>

> >well I've started up 4 P6-200  machien son it but they always get
> >"connection refused" about 80% of the time they ask for a
> >key or try report results..
>
> >at the moment it seems to be totally off-line
>
> There is another set of folks doing this, DESCHALL,
> http://www.frii.com/~rcv/desrank.htm

	DESCHALL is pretty much equivalent to what we are doing, except
that they aren't really doing anything more then acting as a keyserver...

	What I like about the original effort at genx.net, and now the one
through bovine, is that we are apart of a team effort...bovine even has
listed what it has plans to do with the $10k ($8k goes to Project
Gutenburg(sp?))...

	I don't know, I like the competitive nature of the bovine project
(we are ~1500blocks behind first place right now)...at DESCHALL, I have little
chance of getting in the top 1000 :(

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org