Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:39:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A very odd one...

I just moved my news server from BSD/OS 3.0 to FreeBSD 3.0-971101-SNAP.

Everything is working great, except INN's batcher.  I use batcher to
deliver batches to my UUCP feeds, over rsh to the UUCP server.

If I do something like:

batcher {file} | rsh -K {relay} "uux - -r -gd {site}!rnews"

everything works just fine.  If I get batcher to exec the rsh (by the -p
option), however, the rsh session hangs.  I see the session starting on
the relay machine, but no data is ever transferred.  If I use the -t arg
on rsh, it will fail with a session timeout.

If I replace the uux with cat, I see the batch output as expected so the
data is getting passed through.

This exact configuration worked on BSD/OS, so I'm at a loss for what the
problem would be.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Evan