Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 12:59:57 -0400
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: atapicam cd error

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 06:30:00PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Joe Altman wrote:
>  > You have atapicam as a kernel module; and what version of atapi-cam.c?
>
> No, I've always compiled it statically in my kernel.

That's what I meant to say; that it was a device in the kernel:

device atapicam

>  > It looks like this one is current: Revision 1.54
>
> That's the HEAD version (in 7-current).

Yes, I realized it was something like that after I reviewed the
handbook.

> By the way, I am _not_ using k3b or any other krap.  ;-)

k3b sounds like something under KDE; but ISTM that neither Grip nor
XMMS are crap. Also in my experience, if atapicam is a kernel device,
the Plextor I have is completely useless. Without atapicam as a
device, the Plextor works for a variety of tasks.

I wonder if atapi-cam.c interacts, in my setup and in some way, with
some other kernel device and so makes it appear that atapicam is the
source of the problem?

--
If it's The Pumpking Smashins, what time is it?