Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:16:37 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Alexander N. Kabaev" <ak03@gte.com>, FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.6.0?

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0004062116510.24423-100000@freefall.freebsd.org> Kris Kennaway writes:
: acceptable style for FreeBSD, not to mention probably breaking certain
: features we support such as cross-compilation :-)

One can almost cross compile OpenBSD.  But the almost is due to the
zillions of imported files that use the "native" build for the product
in question, sometimes slightly tweaked for bmake vs gmake issue.

Of course not all of these packages obey things like NOMAN and other
settings that the rest fo the system obeys, and every time I've fixed
it in the past for some package, a new version of it comes into the
tree, or another package crops up, so I stopped after getting stepped
on twice.

Given how they do things, I'm surprised that cross compiling works as
well as it does.

Warner