Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:15:07 +0100
From:      Phil Norman <philnorm@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?R29yYW4gTWVracSH?= <meka@tilda.center>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XHCI reseting controller

Hi

I'm afraid, as far as I can tell, you're out of luck here. I have the
mini-ITX version of the same-named board, and it shows exactly the same
problem. I haven't tried it on Windows, as I don't have a copy.

The best workaround I've found is to, every time I want to reboot, to a
shutdown, then turn the power off completely (turning off the hardware
switch on the PSU for some seconds, then switching it on before booting).
This makes the USB system stable on boot, although I suggest avoiding
plugging/unplugging USB devices, as it seems to create problems if done
enough times. After a hard, power-off reboot like this, I've found the USB
system is stable for many days - I've had it running over a month without
issues. But any simple reboot will make it come back again.

If you ever find a better workaround for this, please let me know.

Good luck,
Phil