Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:36:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        map@iphil.net (Miguel A.L. Paraz)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, andrew@nash.pubnix.net
Subject:   Re: RADIUS

According to Miguel A.L. Paraz:

> I would appreciate advice on how to use such a system where
> user accounts are divided between different boxes.  Would
> NIS/NIS+ do it?  Or perhaps, a distributed RADIUS system
> like in the (complicated) Merit radiusd?

I would advise against NIS/NIS+/YP due to the security concerns
therein.  I would advise in favor of the distributed (proxy)
approach used by Merit RADIUS (but some may say I'm biased...)  :-)

I, of course, would never say that, but you may, if you like.   ;^)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley, N8NXN              Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network Inc.                 Domain: web@merit.edu