Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:28:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@cksoft.de>
To:        D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Subject:   Re: login.conf & FreeBSD 4.4

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
[snipp]
> > Any user logging in through the "usual" channels like sshd,telnetd,console,etc...
> > should get the limits automatically setup for them.
>
> Running X apps remotely falls into the above group, I assume?

I usually ssh into remote machines and then start x sessions from there.
Even telnetting or using rlogin to get there should get your limits setup for you.

I am not sure xdm and it's variants do the right thing.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer,		Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen
Email:	ck@cksoft.de