Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:52:16 +0100
From:      danny@i-p-d.nl
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Drive Copy

I am having a problem with copying a complete harddisk to another
one.

I have a running freebsd 4.1 machine, which harddisk I want to
replace with another. I want to copy the harddisk, so that I can put
the new harddisk in and continue working instantly without having
to reinstall all the programs.

I have tried some programs like Norton Ghost and Powerquest
Drive Image, but neither will work. Ghost doesn't recognize Freebsd-
partitions and Drive Image doesn't copy it in the right way. I can't
boot and cannot change the partition to get it booting.

Does anyone know a good program to really copy the harddisk 1-
on-1?

I am planning to try Powerquest Drive Copy, but I am unsure if that
will work.

Thanx for any help!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Danny Zwegers