Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:53:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt@dlr.de>
To:        Shteryana Shopova <syrinx@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, tsvetan@erenditsov.com
Subject:   Re: RFC: a MIB for a SNMP vlan monitoring module

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Shteryana Shopova wrote:

SS>Work is about to start on a vlan monitoring module for bsnmpd(1) - I'm
SS>attaching the private BEGEMOT MIB that the module will implement. Any
SS>comments or suggestions are very welcome.

I'm not an expert on the VLAN stuff, so I cannot comment on this. The only
thing I see is that you might add a ...DiscontinuityTime variable to the
statistics table so that a managemnt station can correctly catch fast
destroy/create cycles on the VLANs (if that makes sense). You might want
to look at ifCounterDiscontinuityTime in ifMIB:ifXTable.

harti