Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 95 12:02:10 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        curent@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing DEV_BSIZE

> >If there *is* a 512 byte limit in effect here, can I up DEV_BSIZE
> >to get around it?

I meant DIRBLKSZ in /sys/ufs/ufs/dir.h.

The answer is "yes", I can, though the limit is artificially small.

There is an assuption in the lib/libc/gen/*dir* code that at some point
in the future that kernel/user page trades will at some point be possible.

It turns out the dirent.h defines the system wide limit on DIRBLKSIZ
to 1024.

For anyone who's curious, 1024 is smaller than a page.

Probably this ought to be increased to the page size (I'd hope using an
include plus a #define DIRBLKSIZ DEFAULTPAGESIZE or something similar).

So currently, the practical limit is 1024.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.