Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 11:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Brownstone <jkirk@tigger.100acre.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail relaying question

I've searched for the answer to this question, but I've been unable to
find it elsewhere, so I'm trying this list. :)

I'm running 3.3-RELEASE.  I would like people who have accounts on my box
to be able to use my POP server to send e-mail wherever they want.  So if
someone has, for example, pacbell as their ISP,  but they also have an
account on my machine (100acre.com), I want them to be able to access
their account on 100acre, and send mail from it, as well.

Right now, if someone tries to send mail using Outlook, etc., they get a
"relaying denied" error.  So if someone from AOL, for example, sends an
e-mail to my user, and my user checks his account by dialing into his ISP
(pacbell) and downloading his mail from my box with Outlook, when he tries
to reply (to the originator, with the AOL address), he'll get a relaying
denied error.

How can I stop that from happening?

Regards,

Dan Brownstone