Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 20:43:24 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <redprince@redprince.net>
To:        "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why are people against GNU? WAS Re: 5.0 already?

At 18:06 14-05-2000 -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
>	Why are you going to "major computer industry employment agencies"?

I'm not (not now, anyway). That was seven years ago when I was laid off. I
went to one of the agencies the moment I got laid off.

Meanwhile I moved to a place with no need for programmers (a small town in
Northern Wisconsin). I moved here for reasons that had nothing to do with
my career. Those reasons have "expired" recently, so I am thinking about
getting out of here.

I found one refreshing change about working "at the bottom." No intrigues.
But it's definitely time for me to move on.

>I know
>about ten companies I can list offhand who are desperate for competent
>programmers. About half of them will let you work from home and about a
>third of them don't want you to sign anything at all.

Well? What are they? I do hear about high tech companies looking for good
programmers. I am geographically very far from high tech companies right
now, so any such list would be useful.

Adam